Looking for a quick checkout? Click here to go straight to checkout with a 6-pack of Glencairns.
Story Of The Glass
The Glencairn Glass is the world’s favorite whisky glass. Selling over five million glasses a year, used by hundreds of distilleries and millions of people around the world, the glass is a Queen’s Award winner for Innovation.
About Glencairn Crystal Studio
Glencairn Crystal is the company behind The Glencairn Glass. Based in Scotland, for over four decades, they are a family business built on a commitment to personal service and quality workmanship.
In The Beginning
In the long history of whiskey there had never been a single definitive glass that the whiskey world could call its own. Glencairn Crystal took it upon themselves to address the issue and designed a glass specifically for the whiskey drinker.
The Glencairn Glass Frequently Asked Questions
Why It Works
- COLOR - The wide crystal bowl allows for a full appreciation of the whiskey’s color, which can indicate age, cask type, or other factors that contribute to the flavor profile.
- NOW - The tapering mouth captures and focuses the aroma on the nose, enhancing the experience of detecting subtle notes of vanilla, smoke, fruit, or spice.
- BODY - The unique patented shape of the glass is designed to admire the texture, viscosity, and legs of the whisky as it swirls around.
- PALATE - The glass fits comfortably in the hand and allows the whisky to develop over time, revealing new layers of flavor and aroma.
- FINISH - Adding a few drops of water can open up the whiskey and release its hidden flavors. The glass is versatile enough to accommodate both neat and watered-down whisky, making it easy to savor the magic of the spirit.
Dimensions & Specifications
SEE PRODUCT IMAGES FOR GRAPHIC REPRESENTATION OF DIMENSIONS.
Surface Diameter of 1.5 oz. Pour – 2.5 in. / 64 mm
Nosing Diameter – 1.75 in. / 44 mm
Max External Bulb Width – 2.625 in. / 67 mm
Max Internal Bulb Width – 2.5 in. / 64 mm
Top Rim Outer Diameter – 1.825 in. / 46 mm
Top Rim Inner Diameter – 1.75 in. / 44 mm
Glass Depth – 3.825 in. / 98 mm
H. Stem Diameter – 1.25 in. / 32 mm
Base Diameter – 1.825 in. / 46 mm
Total Height – 4.5 in. / 115 mm
Weight – 4.6 oz. / 130 g
Where is the Glencairn Glassware Manufactured?
Glencairn glassware is manufactured by partners of Glencairn Crystal Studio. In most cases, Glencairn glassware is produced in manufacturing facilities located in the European Union.
Is the Glencairn Glass Lead Free?
Yes, the Original Glencairn Glass is manufactured from Lead Free Crystal.
How do I know if my Glencairn glassware is authentic and not counterfeited?
By purchasing from an authorized retailer such as Cairn Craft, you can always be sure that your Glencairn glassware is authentic. Every genuine Glencairn Glass has a ‘The Glencairn Glass’ stamp on its base. Due to design updates to these stamps over the years, some stamps may have different fonts depending on when they went into circulation.
Unfortunately, counterfeit Glencairn products are extremely common on marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay. It is always worthwhile to order your glassware from authorized retailers to be sure you're receiving glasses that are guaranteed to be safe and top quality.
My Glencairn Glass has bubbles in it, is that normal?
These imperfections are the result of traditional, skilled hand craftsmanship, incomparable to mass automatic production. Each glass is individually crafted and as with all handmade pieces, they will vary slightly from piece to piece. No two can ever be identical and may reveal slight variations. Even by hand, all items are produced within tight tolerances and to the highest standards to provide an exceptional experience in crystal appreciation.
Examples of acceptable imperfections include:
- Tiny air bubbles can be trapped during the glass gathering and are revealed during the blowing process
- Hand tool marks
- Crystal pattern and color irregularities
- Slightly asymmetrical form or variation in glass distribution